Assimilation

So, today at work lots of us are being assimilated. This sounds like it should hurt. It didn't, but mainly because I am now worth £3000 a year more.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Of course, I'm quite glad I get more money. Who wouldn't be?!? It means that I might get out of my overdraft one day. Ooh, but it also means I have to start paying student loan, I think. And it means I might be able to buy a house soon. But on the other hand, do I like earning this much and doing this little work?!? To be fair, an unlikley number of my visits have been cancelled, which has resulted in me doing nothing.

I think the decision has to be stick it out a while and see if I get more excited about it. I think I might. We're on a sort of side project at the moment, so when this has finished it might be different. But after this morning, I shall stay a while and see. I know that seems like I'm being bought, but I hope I'm not. I just think that if the job is worth that much then it must get more interesting. At least more tricky, anyway. I WANT TO USE MY BRAIN!!!

Well, get these costumes out of the way, buy a house, then think about a different job. I imagine that will be quite a few months, so then I will be able to make a decision (yeah, right) and I will have another chunk of experience.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll find a job and stick to it for more than 6 months?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babe!! looks like I might have been able to organise a change of date for QMUC audition..although not been confirmed...looks like it MIGHT be week after iolanthe...

hehe...I'm invading your town...
x