Eggy fun

Tuesday
I went to Ali's gig. It was good! But the people who were going to come with me didn't. I wasn't in the mood to talk to people I knew a tiny bit. So stood mostly on my own. And then went home. Music was ace though. Check 'em out. www.myspace.com/thegraememearnsband I think.

Wednesday
Work. Bed. Intended to phone Charlotte & my parents, but failed.

Thursday
Work. Home. Tea. Katherine and Jennifer arrived. Pub. In the pub there was a guy from work (that I know by sight only) and some others playing small pipes and other instruments. It was cool and folky. I didn't expect it of him. I thought he was a ned and drank lager and smoked. Jennifer pointed out that he did these things too. But he's far more attractive now I know he plays pretty well.

Friday
ZOO! I like bank holidays. Free day off. So me and Katherine and Jennifer went to the zoo. I promised them a trip to the zoo for Christmas, if they both came to Edinburgh at the same time. So they did. I bought tickets through work, as we are corporate members and get a discount. Turns out that this is an excellent idea as it involves not having to queue. They queue was approximately 4.7 miles long* and full of children. Ew. We did not stand in it. We went inside and saw lots of animals. I took the best pictures of very random things. They will be on facebook soon. We had an amazing picnic. I was mostly mum. We had ice cream. And saw the baby tapir. I can't decide what animal I most want to be. We bought ready meals and pink sparkly wine for tea, and watched DVDs.

Saturday
Train to Arbroath. Found parents. Went to cottage. Had lunch. Went to Gran's. Went to the beach. Read book. Linda, George & Kenneth arrived. Had tea. Read book whilst they watched the golf. Bed.
N.B. This was far more fun than it sounds.

Sunday
Aillie's birthday. Kenneth made cake and Shona decorated it. I supervised. We made it into the shape of an 8. Because Aillie turned 8. We had 2 round cakes and cut holes, and in the end we had two 8 cakes. One large and one small. Cause we're so funny we gave her the little one and told her she had to share it between 16. She wasn't amused. We had 2 egg hunts - one for che children and one for the grown ups. Katherine lost an egg by throwing it into the conifer. It was funny. My dad nearly won the grown up egg hunt, until we discovered he didn't have 11 eggs, he had an assortment of 11 items, nicluding a shuttlecock, a stone and a hose attachment.

Monday
We decorated eggs and egg cups. Mine was ace. I drew a chicken on my egg, and grass and sky on my cup. Katherine's was pretty hearts in a striped cup. Jennifer made her egg look like her, but then accidentally crushed her own head, and then was disqualificated for not stopping when told. My dad did a cubist egg. Gary won the 8-21 competition with his knight egg in a castle cup. I gave him the idea. I'm so proud. Then we threw the eggs down a hill and the seagulls wanted to eat them. And we rolled down the hill and I flashed my knickers. Then me and Katherine got a train and I painted my nails whilst watching Crush, which wasn't the chick flick it claimed to be. I didn't feel warm and fuzzy after it.

Tuesday
Work. Then Charlotte and Dan! We ate Monster Mash and did a ghost tour. It was much niceness and fun.

Wednesday
Work then Shaun and Mark arrived. We cooked haggis, neeps & tatties then went to the pub. My friends rock. As do my housemates.

Thursday
Is now. I have just been appraised. I'm ace, officially. They think I'm doing an amazing job, which is funny. This afternoon I am off work. I am going to go to the bank and then play out and then go to orchestra and then play out some more.



Fun game (from the makers of xkcd) - find the combination of two items that most scares the supermaket cashier. They think a pregnancy kit and a single coathanger.



*May not be true

No comments: