Magical weekends

Today my horoscope said:

"A dreamy end to June, full of fluffy bunnies, sparkling rainbows and other dreamy stuff. Very nice. Entirely impractical and quite infuriating for those trying to get any sense out of you – but very nice for you. Bless."

I like it. I have been living in a bit of a dreamy world. It's been lovely. I wonder if it's been pissing anyone off.

This weekend Carl came to visit. He stayed with Nikki, but I saw a lot of them both. Friday was impromptu drinking with Caroline, incorporating Simon's leaving do. Saturday was Crammond and pink lemonade and Dave Gorman. Sunday was a duck race and A Film with Me in It at the Film Festival. Overall there was lots of laughing and nettles and randomness and loveliness.

The weekend before was my birthday so included family and the beer festival and Katherine and hangovers. The theme* was rainbows. We also didn't have orchestra that week, but had skittles instead. I was full of cold, but until the actual snotty bit it was quite fun being delirious.

The one before that was Band Camp, which was pretty surreal for a newbie. G&S fans in a field. Mismatch of buildings and furniture, that aren't purpose built/found, but work perfectly well. Spiders. Eccentric but lovely people. Out of my depth and perfectly at home.

Before that was Kate and Ant's wedding - just lovely. Couple looked amazing and loved up. Lots of nice friends at reception. Lots of nice other families around. Plus I met a boy on a train, which was pretty fun.

In between I've been to Inverness and Wick and John O'Groats and the Falls of Shin and Bonar Bridge and Grantown-on-Spey and Kingussie for work. Lots of good sights and long drives.

*A theme has to come up at least 3 times separately, but it cannot be preempted. The only themes I've had are rainbows (for my birthday, as seen in my horoscope, out the window, on a card, cake, and specially crafted jumper) and the conga line (last festival - 2 shows and some drunk people in the street).

No comments: