Madness

My brain is a little broken today. Last night was madness in many forms all in the same evening. It was fantastic, just a bit mind boggling. I'm not going to go into too many details (some of you can read between the lines for some bits) but here's a vague summary. Remember, this is one evening:

Left work to go to flat viewing.
Had conversation with Jackie from orchestra.
Cute guy arrived to view flat, we thought each other were the letting agent, hilarious.
Saw (rubbish) flat.
Went swimming.
Bought pasta & pear cider.
Went to old flat.
Alex wasn't in.
Talked to new flatmate.
Left.
Alex came back.
Had a catch up, which was lovely.
Alex has been through some shocking stuff.
Think he's going to be ok.
In fact, he's going to be ace.
He doesn't smoke or drink anymore.
Was late to meet Adam, but rang Caroline and little sister on way.
Erica didn't come to the pub in the end, but had a nice catch up with Adam.
Have informed him that Erica does not have approval still!
Home.
Check in with Eoin (haven't really seen each other for days).
Phoned sister to plan August.
Chatted to a few people online.
Phoned Erin.
Left hilarious voicemail.
Bed.

I'm now exhausted from one evening. All brain hurty. But happy. Checked in with lots of people I love, and that's always nice. Still more people on the list though - don't think you've been forgotten.

What else to note? Urm... This weekend was nice! I met up with Simon and we had a wander and chat. Found a small beer festival. And half an upside down purple cow. As you do.

I've also discovered swimming. Bought a swimsuit on Sunday, and have swum every day since. On my first visit, I rescued a girl from drowning. The lifeguards asked me to see if she was ok (head out of water, breathing, so not in immediate danger) and then asked me to bring her to the edge! A bit cheeky really. But one of them was hot, so that's ok. It was a weird experience. She was ok, just so you know.






So, it appears I didn't publish this yesterday. Now I have another evening of adventures to report...

I'm playing a festival! It's next weekend (2nd August) in a field somewhere. We had a rehearsal last night. The folk stuff sounded great. The Bach didn't... Oh well! I looked at the music on the bus, so I might be better tonight. But I'm pretty excited about the festival. We're on about 5ish, then have the whole evening to drink and party! Then sleep in tents. I love my tent. Did I mention that?!

We just had a coffee morning at work. It was nice - I talked to 3 people I wouldn't normally have.

I went to Caroline's gig yesterday. It was mini-Starlets, because 'the boys' couldn't come. So just Caroline, Biff and Mikey Horn. They are good. I'm not so keen when they are acoustic though, because it has to be all the ballads. Still lovely. And I saw Dave's band for the first time. And there was performance poetry. Interesting!

We've just tidied the cupboard at work. I feel organised.

No comments: