20p

So, I had a very long, dull and miserable week until last night, which was ace.

Monday 6th Feb
Work. Then Liz came over and despite the use of Girl Power and spanners, we failed to make my heating work. We did manage to get the pressure back up to 1 though, which is how we thought it'd fix. Oh well. Pretending we were being ace was fun. Then Liz went home to make sure her housemate knew she was still alive and I watched ER, with hot water bottle.

Tuesday 7th Feb
Work. Nearly didn't go to orchestra cause it was raining, but did and discovered that the concert will probably be on 6th May, so hopefully I won't be living here and can't be in it. In a way I'll be happy that I had 13 CAOS concerts.

Wednesday 8th Feb
Work. No-one at work wanted to go for a drink, so I went home and got cold. Made Fantastic Lasagne (it's official title) with onions and mushrooms and courgette and spinach and cottage cheese. Mmmm! Then watched The Bill and had a bath. Exciting stuff.

Thursday 9th Feb (yesterday)
Work. Home. MUGSS. MUGSS was odd, as I feel I should go, but actually can't do much at a rehearsal. Need to be motivated. But think it's coming. Forgot that Jo (the director) wasn't there as she's in a different show this week, so left and went to the Ra!n Bar pub quiz. Didn't participate much, as I'm thick. Chatted to Liz mostly. And drank beer. I don't remember drinking beer for ages there. I may be wrong. Then a bunch of us (Goonie based) went to Retro Bar for a night which was ace. On paper. In real life it was a bit odd. But I was drunk and talked to people. Then talked to Leila and Mia in the toilets. Well, listened. Then realised it was upsetting me lots, so I went home.

Friday 10th Feb
Work. Throughout work I mostly felt hung over. Nice. After work I went to see Slugs Ate My Parents at the Waldorf. It was fun! A little odd, cause Al was there and I haven't seen him for ages. But fine. I've never noticed smoke affect* me that much before though. It was making my eyes run and my nose be all blocked. Ew. Dan was good, as always. The second band were fun and ok, but not really in tune or together (but I only really noticed this after the next band were). They did have a very cute trombone player though. I remember him from last time they played at the same thing as Dan (The Green Rooms in November). The next band were excellently rehearsed, just not that interesting. There you go - what a fantastic review!! I've just got in from that and now freezing and going to bed. I have to get up for Fat Club. Am not looking forward to it cause I've been miserable all week, so eaten what I wanted.

Anyone wondering why I called it 20p?

The 20p story
Sometime before going I went home on Thursday, Pete went home. As he was leaving I found 20p on the floor, so picked it up and passed it to Pete. It seemed the best thing to do. He then thought the best thing to do would be throw it down my top. Also, a pretty normal thing to do. So I caught it and stored it in my bra. This is quite common for those who don't know me. This might sound like a pointless story, and so far, I guess it is. I went home, undressed and went to bed. I'm not sure what other women do, but I take my bra off before bed (I think I only know 1 who doesn't). So you can imagine my confusion this morning when I went to the bathroom, took off my pyjamas and found a 20p stuck to my breast in the exact same place. Ew! And I wriggled a lot before getting up (cause I really didn't want to) so it must have been really sticky. Gross gross gross.


*Mahinda - I still don't know which one's which!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

basic difference: affect is a verb, effect is the noun; ie something affects you, while it has an effect on you. (For the more pedantic out there I know there the verb "to effect" but it isn't commonly used so don't confuse the issue).

Alsion said...

So was I right??

Anonymous said...

Yes, you were right. Remember - taking an E causes interesting effects.

If I was a girl, I'd definitely take my bra off before going to bed. I mean, they just seem so restrictive.