All worthwhile

Last night I discovered something that makes the whole move worthwhile. I'm having trouble containing my exclaimation marks, as I really REALLY am that excited.

Spoiler space for if you want to take a guess...
































My orchestra is going to be playing Saint-Seans' Symphony No. 3 at the Christmas concert.

I know very little about classical music - I know I've been in orchestras since I was 10, but I rarely remember the title of a piece or the composer or anything. But this piece has stuck with me since we played it on IYP '97 (International Youth Philharmonic - a collaberations of Bolton's, Le Mans' and Paderborn's Youth Orchestras, as they are Twin towns).

If I could have only 1 piece of music for the rest of my life, this would be it.

You should all come to watch this concert. FACT. I will tell you when I know when it is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna come and listen. I love that piece too! Let me know when it is. But I bet it clashed with one of my concerts...

Simon said...

Very exciting!

Alsion said...

That's cause you have a concert a week! How can I not clash?!? 'Specially in the Christmas period. Rubbish.

Anonymous said...

My whole life is a clash at the moment.

This season (starting sept) we 'only' have 15 concerts (opposed to the ususal 20). But 5 of them are at Christmas, one is Messiah, leaving 9 in the year. But the first one is on 9th September, (P&P's wedding, but if Dr P has to go to work a night shift after the ceremony then I'm sure I could sneak off to sing in a concert!!!) and the second concert is on 23rd September, and I'm off to another wedding where Andrew is an Usher then. Boo to clashes.

You'll have to get them to record it so I can hear.

That is quite a long ranty comment. Feel free to edit/delete as it pleases you.

Alsion said...

Paula's going to do a night shift after her wedding?!? Surely not! That's crazy!

You should get a better* choir that has less clashes.

*By better, I obviously mean worse.

Anonymous said...

Nah, Paula is going to swap the week of nights so she can actually go to her own reception, but it sounds more amusing taunting her that she has to hop along to the hospital after saying 'I do'.

I like my choir, even if it does take over my life!