Weekend goodness

(mini rant)
Why, oh why, can't I manage not to make a tit out of myself, just once?!? I'm such a moron.
(/mini rant)

It's a glorious* Monday morning. I feel like I have a hangover. This is unjustified, but I shall take it without moaning, as I'm sure I should have had more this year so far. I've been useful at work. I feel like my head is organised. This is all good. I do realise that I'm blogging far too much at the moment, and being on Facebook far too much. I make myself feel less sad about this, knowing that it's not going to be for long. Soon I will have work to do, and dossing on the internet will be a thing of the past. Until I get round to getting broadband in the flat. And then I shall spend my evenings dossing on the net, instead of doing out and drinking. This has to be good for the wallet and waist. I'm *almost* getting round to dieting again. Hurrah!

Friday
Got home from work. Went to bed. I was quite sure I was getting some kind of bug. There has been little evidence since, until I arrived at work again. I must be allergic to the building. Or work. We shall find out tomorrow when I work out of the office. Was disturbed from my rest when Eoin turned up for dinner. I said "IT'S TOMORROW" and laughed, although he should probably laugh more, as I was wearing old scabby pyjamas. I usually wear cute ones. Promise. He would pick the wrong day! After that disturbance (and the fact that it was still early) I could no longer sleep, so bathed. This was the extent of my interesting evening.

Saturday
I'd organised a few friends to come over for dinner, so I got up fairly early and spent the day cleaning, washing and cooking. Dinner was succ essful, as in everyone ate and said they liked it. The guest list was Caroline (who also supplied an amazing ginger pudding), Eoin, Andy, Iona, Kelly and Housemate Alex, so everyone only knew 1 or 2 people. Could have been a disaster looking at it like that! But it wasn't. How does my evening of nothing look more interesting than my evening of fun dinner party? It wasn't. The dinner party was ace. I then stayed up till 4 with Housemate Alex and Tom. Oops.

Sunday
Got up at 11. I felt bad for staying in bed so late, until I remembered that this isn't that much sleep. I wandered around some charity shops and the fabric shop before going to the Savoy rehearsal. I measured some people and played with wire which will be wings. Then I went to the pub and had a grump, so came home to find Housemate Mo moving in! I think it's going to be good. I did wus out though, and go to bed early.


My sister now lives on Ffriddoedd Road. How on earth do you say that?!? Stupid Wales.

I'm sure I should be doing more things to prepare for my trip. Have I mentioned I go to America on Saturday? Actually, I bet I haven't!! I'm going to America on Saturday for 2 weeks!!!!! I'm going to stay with Melissa and we're going to go to New York and Boston and Chicago (or maybe I made these places up**) and we're going to be sparkly and amazing. I'm going to be Melissa's date for a glitzy show opening. I'm going to stay in my own bedroom at Melissa's house, which has hot pink sheets and hot pink towels. I'm going to drive on the wrong side of the road. Whether this is the wrong side for here or there is yet to be decided. I am VERY excited. I am wearing rubbish pants all week in preparation. Not because I'm worried about being excited. Because I want to take all my best pants on holiday. I am going to take lots of pictures and write in a diary so I can remember forever. I may or may not blog about it. It might be secret. We shall see.

I should stop waffling now.


*By glorious, I don't mean weather wise, as usually implied. It's actually quite minging. Although sunrise was a pretty pink.

**By made these places up, I mean made up that that's what we're doing. I believe they exist and I did not invent them.

3 comments:

Rosy / Michael said...

You're going to America for 2 weeks?


Damn you, woman!

Alsion said...

Hmmm... If Rosy didn't know that, then maybe I have been quite restrained in my excitement!!

Anonymous said...

You have kept the American excitements very very quiet. I would have shouted far louder.

Hope its lots of fun (I'm sure it will be). Will need to see lots of photos.

Please say hello to lovely Melissa from me.