Gosh!

Another week. Who'd have thunk it?

Monday - Costume Run
So, the costume run wasn't as ready as I'd hoped. But a lot readier that some people expected, I think... Busy busy evening, and quite disheartening.

Tuesday
Went to Irvine with work. Tried to do as much as I could on the costumes in the evening.

Wednesday - Rehearsal?
Can't remember

Thursday - Band Call & Orchestra & Committee Meeting
Went to Troon with work. Was pretty. Band call was in the evening, but so was orchestra. So went to band call/did some cosutmes, then went to orchestra. Almost fell asleep. Then had my first committee meeting. No comment. Then pub. It was nice.

Friday - Rehearsal
Maybe. Not sure. Don't remember anything specific.

Saturday - "Day off"
Got up late (9.30) and went to Bedlam to raid their costume store. Carried lots of costumes accross the meadows. Arms nearly fell off. Then went to the pub for lunch with Nikki (she's been an angel!), Dave, James and Lou. Talked techie. Made a plan for Sunday. Went home. Sewed. Iona & Andy & Josie came to help. We went a little crazy. Were giggling for hours about nothing.

Sunday - Tech
Got to the theatre at 12pm. Left at 11pm. In between is a blur of not stopping. Some people cannot follow instructions or listen at all.

Monday - Dress rehearsal
Went to Galston with work. So had to be in the office at 8. Dress rehersal wasn't as good as it could have been. Some costumes were missing, but I knew I'd made them. Some were rubbish. So I shouted at all the cast. Told them not to let each other go on stage looking rubbish. They didn't listen. Got home about 11.30. Had lots of nightmares about people not listening/following instructions, and therefore being naked on stage. Or looking weird.

Tuesday - First night
Went to Kilmarnock with work. Got lost. Oops. Opening night went far better than I expected! Maybe just from where I was sitting though... No-one died, which I think is a miracle. Wings are lethal. A staff did fall on the french horn player though. Oops. It's props though, not costumes. NMFP!

Wednesday - Today!
Tonight some people from Manchester are coming. And Ali who leant me the drums. So I best not mess up.

No comments: