A wedding!

Friday
Work then show! Surprisingly. Caroline & Eoin from orchestra, Dave from work & Erin, and Gavin from old work & Lyndsey came to watch. Look at my ticket selling abilities! Ken from work had been on Thursday, and Ali from orchestra on Wednesday, too. Si arrived from Manchester half way through the show, but between him and Emma they managed to get his bags into my flat, so after the show we could go straight out to the cast meal*. It was an Italian on Lothian Road. Pretty nice! Chaotic though, as you'd expect for a meal for 60 ish people...

Saturday
Up early to get to the fabric shop before the matinee. Spent most of the matinee sewing when I wasn't playing, to make wings for the crew. Demanding creatures! I wanted to do it though. I just didn't have time or space or resources in the orchestra pit, so half way through I gave up and passed it over to Nikki, to save my ass, once again... Between the performances I took Nikki, Andy & Iona for curry, at a place I took Linden & Liz to when they helped me move up. It wasn't as good as I remember, so next time I shall either try somewhere else or go back to the other dish!

Quick dash home to change, as I'd accidentally ended up wearing my huge purple trousers for the matinee, and I wanted to look better in the evening. Then to the final performance! I couldn't be bothered. When the show started, I was just tired and grumpy. But got very much into it, as the audience and general mood was ace. Quickest get out ever, and we were all at the party about 12/12.30. Awards & general merriment ensued. Home about 5.

Sunday
Emma's alarm was set for 8, but she didn't move for a while! Then she went off to Glasgow, and me and Si joined Kelly & Dave for a drink in Bedlam. Si went off to get his train, and I went with Kelly to Dave's to watch something... I can't remember what, I fell asleep! Ooh, High Fidelity. I then stumbled back to mine and slept some more.

Monday
Work. Then Mission Flatmate! Basically spent the night tidying/writing adverts for a flatmate.

Tuesday
Flat viewings all evening. It's tiring.

Wednesday
Ditto Tuesday. Jo only got back late, so we told her about all the people we met and picked one.

Thursday
Tried to arrange new girl moving in, whilst not being in at all! Straight to pub after work, then orchestra, then Leith, then my flat, then Doctor's, then Leith, then home. Mission wings! but I got rid of some. Still loads in my living room... But that Doctor's trip was the best in a while, and it was spontaneous. Hurrah!

Friday
Went to Ayr for work. Was nice. Then had a lovely evening drinking wine in the bath whilst listening to Bill Bailey on Radio 3, before going to meet Mahinda at the train station (with a gold shoe mission in between too). A drink at Est Est Est with the groom & various guests, before heading back for an early night.

Saturday
Liam appeared at my house about 10.30, so we kicked Mahinda up too, and pottered around for a while. Liam then headed off to New Lanark and Mahinda & I went to the wedding of Richard Townhill and Susan Harris. Or Shiny & Suzy. It was a lovely ceremony, with a speech from Suzy's grandfather. His surname is the same as my Gran's maiden name, so for a while I thought we might be related. But I rang my parents and spoke to my dad whilst my mum spread pages of family tree round the house, to discover we're not related. At least not that much. Still possible if you go back a long way, I guess.

Anyway, the meal was gorgeous. I was sat between Mahinda and Gordon, who'd been playing trumpet in the ceremony. He knows Suzy from EYO many years ago, and is now a real musician! How exciting. We were also on a table with a couple from California and a girl who used to live with Richard at university. They've got such a fantastic set of friends. Dancing followed, but I stayed well away from that! Good spectator sport, imho. We left when we got kicked out (!) about 12.30, and Kate wanted another drink, so off we went to Doctor's. Kate changed her mind en-route, and the others walked too slowly and missed last orders. Was a bit pointless really! Then froze a lot trying to find a cab. Got home and Mahinda opened more drinks. Ouch.

Sunday
Lazy movement happened, and we went out to meet Matt, Sarah, Cattac, Ross & Bex for lovely food and then a wander around town (up and down the Royal Mile) where we found other wedding guests & rabbits. Back to my flat to get Liam's stuff, then sent him on his merry way. Mothers were phoned, and then me and Mahinda watched Mallrats and ate pizza before going to watch the Penny Dreadfuls perform Aeneas Faversham at Bedlam. The pub quiz happened to be on after that, so we joined in, and me, Mahinda & Nick beat the other million playered Savoy team, but sadly didn't do that well overall... A fun day of adventures.

Monday
Is now. I am very sleepy. Emma is going to be here this evening. Tomorrow I go to Lockerbie then stay in a hotel in Dumfries. It's going to be odd, staying on my own in a hotel for work. But it says it has satellite & broadband, so I'm sure I'll be entertained! A TV will be a novelty, and maybe I'll even relax and recover a bit...



*It upsets me that it's called the "cast" meal, as they want the crew and orchestra to come along, but it can feel like they're being left out due to the name. GRUMP!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We gave those Savoy types a kicking! All seven million of them!

Actually, we finished sixth out of 13 or 14, which is respectable. Lots of questions were Scottish, too -- I mean, I'd have had a decent stab at telling you about _English_ football teams.

You forgot about Helen's comedy falling-over-backwards on the street corner outside Doctors. Definitely worth the price of admission, as was Liam's later rendition of it!

Thanks again for having me -- it was quite a relaxed weekend, really.

Spellbound is ace. Stupid, but ace.