The week that was.

Show week. 2 little words. A whole lot more trouble.

I've forgotten most of it, and the net hads broke at home, so I am doing this between working, so it might make no sense and have big gaps. Who cares.

Tuesday - The Opening Night The show was good! I was still worried about the fact everything seemed to be going well. The social afterwards was Fab Cafe, so however tired I was, I was there! I was a bit lame, but had an excellent time. I am less good at hiding being miserable when tired though, and a few people did notice.

Wednesday - The Wimp I failed to go to the social as I didn't want to. It was Copacabanas, which is quite a cool place, I was just too tired.

Thursday - The Boat Race
We won!! I was rubbish, but Simon helped by tipping my pint up so it went all over me. I'll be amused to see the photos of me looking like a drowned rat. I was quite excited to find Ollie, a random man I went for a weekend in a hotel with once* and let him and his friends crash the party.

Friday - The Family
My family came to watch it and were on time! Hurrah. Also, Roz arrived, which was nice. I like Roz. I couldn't be bothered hanging around the show again, so we went for dinner and stuff. After the show we went to Kro 2 and found some people who were up for the show and it was ace. I like show week. Then we went to Fab, which rocked, despite having the most amount of people EVER.

Saturday - The Party
Had a small lie in before dying my hair and heading to the Mark Addy to meet the Soaks**. It was nice and chilled and then I had to leave them and go to do the show. The Saturday matinee is always a bit odd, cause you know that there aren't many people there and you're looking forward to the evening. I had an extra job of replacing a tape in a camera, so that was fun. Between the shows I had dinner with French John and lots of Soaks arrived and looked at me like they thought we were going out. Haa ha. Then I went and tarted myself up (quite literally - I felt like I may be showing a bit too much boobs) and watched the evening show. I liked it! Usually I can't be bothered to sit through a whole show, but I did.

Afterwards I had to deal with all the costumes, which meant being about an hour and a half later than most people to the party. Oh well! It was fun. Got there about 11.30 and stayed till 2, then went to the next party till about 6/6.30. I remember very little. Apparently I was kissing people*** (but not the same people as at the pre-show party), but not the person I had my sights set on. Oh well. Decided to make pasta when I got in and burnt my finger. Ouch.

Sunday - The Aftermath
Ouch. Managed to fall over a twig. Freak. Have bruised hands and knees. Spent the afternoon in the pub, mainly for Mike's birthday, but also as a hungover thing. Was nice! I was a bit crazy though. Think I was still drunk. Then some of us headed to the cinema where I fell asleep, briefly. Oops.

Monday - Watched Sleepless in Seattle, which housemate Dan liked surprisingly much.

Tuesday - Met Charlyhot briefly, which was nice quick catch up, and then watched junk of tv all night.

So, that's it! I feel odd now the show's finished. Like I've left my old life, as I didn't see "normal" friends for ages, but don't have my MUGSS life anymore. I did get close to lots of people during show week, but already feel like I'm not going to stay close to them. They've all got different lives, being students, and I just reckon they'll forget me. Not on purpose, just I don't need to see them, so I might not. And, they don't actually know me that well, so it's easy for them not to know what I do/don't want to go to/who I do/don't want to spend time with/etc. But we shall see how it all pans out.

The Edinburgh plan is back on. Although I don't have the energy/money. I know I have to try.

*It wasn't just me and him. It was lots of people. We were doing some work for the university, going to schools and trying to get rid of misconceptions about university. As team leaders we went on a bonding weekend. It was fun. I find Ollie occasionally wandering the streets, and he's ace.

**The Soaks are people who used to be in MUGSS and now are elsewhere. There's a big contingent in London, which is why the Christmas Bash is down there.

***2-1 Mahinda :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2-1!

Who knows? Maybe you'll score an equaliser at some point.