After Roskilde

10th July – Work. I had loads of hours to make up at work, so I did lots and then did nothing in the evening.
11th July – Work. Was going to meet Adam for a drink, but he cancelled due to headache, which was quite relieving as I was knackered. But I miss Adam.
12th July – Felt awful and had a nose bleed, so didn’t go to work. Went to orchestra, but not pub as felt sick.
13th July – No work again. Ventured all the way to Morningside to the library as I needed entertaining. I also bought a new washing up bowl as ours appeared to have fallen out the window and broken. As if Alex didn’t notice… But it showed how ill I was when I looked for about 5 minutes for a price, then asked, and it was right there. Ill. In the evening I was going to meet James, but he cancelled, which was good for my body.
Also in those past few days I had something for August and something else for September cancelled. I was feeling a bit lonely.
14th July – Put up my tent to wash it. Shaun was in town with his family, so I went to see them for a bit in the afternoon. Was going to go out for the evening, but I got arranged kidnapped by my parents and went to Carnoustie as they were going there for the golf the following week. I helped put up the awning and tent. I like building things. Carla was great at hitting in pegs with the mallet. She’s 5. . Had a lovely evening with Mummy and Daddy and Katherine. Slept in Katherine’s tent on an airbed. Bliss. I later discovered Dave had also been in Carnoustie and failed to find chips. We got some. Ha ha
15th July – In the morning Katherine took me and Gary to the golf Open. Nothing much was happening, as it was the practise before the practise round. But Katherine was very excited about it, as she’s been every year for ages and wanted me to see why they enjoy it. True, there were rather a lot of cute men. I can see her point. But the Scottish Masters was still being played at Loch Lomond, so no-one was in Carnoustie yet. We had to go through airport security to get in, which was quite exciting. And Gary got in free as he’s a juvenile and had a sign on his wrist to prove it. Then we went to see Gran, who seemed fine. She was just off to the pub for a coffee! She’s muddling along. I should go and see her more. Well, should is the wrong word. I want to go and see her more, so I should make more effort to make that happen. We then picked up the other Townsends and went to the beach! Except the tide was in… Oops. So we went to the paddling pool and I got soaked for sitting on the train. Went to watch Harry Potter with Andy when I got back. It was AMAZING! I got so into it. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.
16th July – Work. Then watched Die Hard.
17th July – Work. Then watched Die Hard II.
18th July – Work. Then watched Die Hard III.
19th July – Work was a very varied event. Some parts of the day I hated so much and though were ridiculous, and some points I thought were ace and exactly what I wanted to do. I can’t decide at the moment if I want to stay for ages and try really hard, or if I want to look for something else... Orchestra -we had a guest conductor, Fiona. It was hilarious! I’m not sure that should be what a rehearsal is, but it was ace. Fiona is funny, and the people who were there enjoyed every minute. It was fun. But I still didn’t feel up to the pub after, so I didn’t go.
20th July – Work. Then ceilidh! For Andy’s birthday. Teannaich were playing at Pollock Halls. I hate ceilidhs there. There is not enough room. The people who go are morons (generally speaking, not the people I know). So it’s really impossible to learn anything and dance. But the band are ace and the caller is hilarious and VERy attractive. Housemate Erin had friends up to visit. Heather and Steve have been before, and I really like them! They are fun. Suzanne and Shawn were visiting Heather and Steve, so there were 4 visiting Canadians. Somehow Suzanne and Shawn didn’t understand what a ceilidh was, so didn’t get into it. I was pretty mad that they didn’t even try one dance. I tried… I walked home with Erin and avoided the after ceilidh gathering for various reasons including tiredness and not liking certain people and not feeling confident enough to be liked by the others.
21st July – Walked to town in the morning and visited Mary in the shop she works in. It’s the perfect job! She gets to decorate balloons and plays with glitter and sparkly things and all sorts of party related things. FUN! I then bought a bra specifically for that evening’s dress and then went to Nikki’s new flat to help. It’s a lovely flat! I helped put up pictures and hang clothes and remove annoying blue tack. Then went home and got ready for Josie and Dave’s engagement party. They are so lovely. I hardly talked to them all night though. Oops. Talked to Jay mostly, and also Mary and Will and others. Went back to Simon’s flat after where there was a mini party. I love Simon’s flat, but I think I’m going to decline the option to move in there. It’s a tricky decision. Will have to talk to him again.
22nd July – Pretty much nothing! Was quite hung-over. Then got a monthly visitor, so I stayed in bed ALL day pretty much!
23rd July – Work.
24th July – Work. Dave’s birthday. Nick’s birthday. Went to the pub to see them. It was nice. But I didn’t take any presents or anything cause I hadn’t got that sorted yet. I will, I will…
25th July – Today. Melissa's Birthday. Work – Left home at 7 and got to Campbeltown about 12.30. It’s far away! Did work, then decided to go on a walk. I’d found an island (well, I suspect I’m not the first one to find it – you know what I mean) and decided I wanted to walk to the top of it. It’s one of those islands that you can walk to in low tide (they probably have fancy name* – I’d look it up if I had wikipedia!) and seemed to be a hill. I thought exercise and fresh air is a good plan, and I might not get the chance again. So I went to Woolworths and bought sandals (wasn’t doing it in heels!) and a t-shirt and set off – was only 2 hours until the walkway would be gone. I got there to find a sign for cave drawings, so instead of going to the top, I turned right. This was a ridiculous idea. To get to the caves was very rocky, and I was wearing sandals. I found a cave and remembered that I’m really quite scared of caves after watching that stupid film about the girl climbers who go into caves and find people who are so far adapted into cave living that they aren’t really people anymore. So I wouldn’t go into the cave, even thought it I could see the back and I knew it wasn’t very deep and there was nothing in there. I’m such a wus. But I kept walking as I couldn’t see any drawings and naively thought they might just be a little farther. I managed to scare myself into a tizzy – there were vultures (buzzards!) circling overhead, and a mountain goat carcass which they had obviously devoured on the rocks. I wouldn’t go into the other caves either, and since getting back realise how stupid it was that I didn’t even see the drawing. Oops. Anyway, I refused to walk past the dead goat again, so I kept walking. I was sure that the other side of the island would have sand and I’d get back to the walkway in no time. No such luck. Rocks, rocks, rocks. I twisted my ankle a couple of times. I had so many visions of me falling, banging my head, the tide coming in, etc. I got stung by nettles and many scratches from ferns. But I made it back alive! And had a paddle in the sea on the way. It was warm on one side of the walkway and cold on the other side. Interesting.

Shona from The High Life is in The Bill. That is amusing me a lot. Especially as how serious she is. I just want her to call someone a big nancy numpty or something. And Darren Day is in this episode. I love The Bill. I think I’m only going to do overnight work trips on Wednesdays from now on so I can watch it without getting a TV.

*I looked it up. It’s a tidal island. Not that fancy… But there doesn’t appear to be many of them in the world. I have been to 3 or 4, I can’t remember. So I better not count it. And I better not count the one we have a jigsaw of. I might try to go to more…

No comments: