That Friday Feeling

I am sick of being at this desk. Sometimes this job is amazing. Sometimes it is not. Today I have nothing to do. I know I say this quite a bit, but there's usually something not very urgent or some menial task to do. Today, nothing. Next week should be ace - Monday is a bank holiday and I'm going out on Tuesday and Wednesday, albeit to Glasgow and to the same hospital each day, but 4 different wards and it should be interesting. Then when I get back I'll have stuff to do.

It doesn't help that I'm very much looking forward to leaving the office. I've got my weekend bag with me and it's straight to the pub then train then pub. Even the train will be good as I've got a script to read and I'm going to get some wine - it will be ace.

I've spent the morning making things for Erin. I hope she doesn't read this! She only just discovered I had a blog, so I'm hoping not. Anyway, I wasn't going to get her anything before she goes off travelling, but then I was bored all morning and it was all I can think of, so I have used office supplies. I'm really going to miss her. I'm glad she's got to come back in between and at the end of her backpacking before leaving us forever. It's going to be weird in the house without her, but I guess it was weird when anyone else moved too. It's not as if it's been a surprise - I've known since the day she moved in!

Anyway, I'm going to go and see if I can create myself some work. Whatever I do will be pretty pointless, but so is this...

No comments: