Disconnected.

I don't really believe in horoscopes, but yesterday's seemed quite approriate to my whole life:

"So long as everyone's looking, you don't really care. You want to be the centre of attention, even if you have to get that attention by behaving like an idiot. What happened to your elegance and class, Gemini? "

The thing is, when I realise people are looking at me, I hate it. But I accidentally always end up with that happening. And I lose the small amount of elegance I did have. And then I get pissed off with myself. And the last person who you want to be pissed off is yourself. You can't even avoid them.
Ach, one day I'll sleep and then everything will be great! That might not be until I have found a new flat and a new job though...

Other news: I discovered yesterday that the festival I played at the weekend raised £7500. So, not only was I in a band, I had a great day and it was for a great cause. Well, 2 causes to be precise. A children's hospice and an orphanage. I also swam in the sea. IN THE SEA!

I've been having nice festival fun, too much beer and not enough sleep. Tonight a few lovely people are coming round for dinner. Tomorrow I plan to see 4 shows. I haven't seen any yet.

This morning I realised the difference between Edinburgh Summer and Edinburgh Winter. In the summer you can hold your umbrella up.



"At first I was angry that you had fallen in love with some else, but you seem so happy now. I didn't even know you were sad. Or I didn't want to see."


Lots of people have said I'm co-ordinated today. I'm now worried that I'm not usually. I know I'm not sometimes. I do it on purpose. But most of the time I think I co-ordinate. Maybe I just co-ordinate in secret, like shoes and bra or knickers and earrings. Anyway, today I do co-ordinate, but entirely by accident as I wore my wellies into work and changed into the only shoes in my drawer.

Oh, the internet broke. Probably a good job. I wrote about work and I'm not supposed to. Not that I wrote much. I just said that I like all my colleagues at the moment. And the work we're doing is ad hoc and therefore tiring.

That'll do.

No comments: