Trains

A couple of the trains I got back from home had delays so I was over 2 hours later than planned. These things happen - I wasn't particularly bothered. I was grumpy that I missed a concert and didn't have time to do washing, but I know that it wasn't any particular person's fault.

Anyway, I thought it worth my time to fill in the forms for compensation. Well, my dad persuaded me. It turned out that I sent them off on the same day, even though the trains were a few weeks apart. A few weeks ago, almost by return post, I received an apology letter from Northern Rail and a £10 voucher. Ace. At least 2 weeks later I received a letter from Virgin Trains saying that they have received my form and will get back to me in due course.

I've just realised this story is dull.

My point: Why did it take Virgin so much longer to reply, and why did they bother with a letter just to say they had received it?!

My voucher will most probably be spent on alcohol on the way to Mahinda's birthday bash. :-D

No comments: