You’ve Got Mail

I’m poorly. I didn’t go to work, and felt quite cheeky, but after sleeping till 3 and not feeling any better, I don’t feel so bad anymore. And I just sneezed.

Last night I skived orchestra and went home to my parents instead. I was a good girl and took the cds I’d made along so people can listen to what we’re supposed to sound like. Got a lift from Helen with Sarah and Lucy. Linda and George and Kenneth were also there, so that’s actually most of my family. Well, 2/3 of my mum’s sisters. The other one has 4 kids and a husband though, so that’s 6 people missing and 6 visiting, but still lots of people. I remember getting 11 people round our dining table being easier than it was. Probably cause I’m used to the other 6 being there. I dunno. Anyway, I made vege chilli and my mum made meat chilli and there was also pasta bake, I think made by Jennifer, but by “made” I mean “jar of sauce put on pasta and put in the oven”. So not technically cooking. I even had to do the stirry stirry and put cheese on bit. Pah. But it was nice. We watched Neighbours, and that pas probably it. Oh, we sang happy birthday to Helen, and played it on whistles. She said it’s the most people she can remember singing for her, so next year I’m having a party for it.

I managed to bring even MORE stuff back from home. I brought a Star Wars jigsaw in a frame, with the intention of removing the jigsaw and replacing it with photos, and 2 lamps, one for the living room and one for in here, cause I always end up sitting in the dark.

Today I have achieved very little. In fact nothing. I watched You’ve Got Mail and it made me cry. You shouldn’t watch love films when you don’t have anyone!! Oops. I’m going to go watch another one now.

No comments: